Residential Network (RESNET)
Resnet is the residential computer network service that offers both wired and wireless access to students residing on the University of Minnesota, Morris campus. Resnet lets you connect your personal computer directly to the University’s computer network and, through the University network, to the Internet.
Wired access is the preferred, more secure, and faster connection to the Internet. In order to use your computer on the Residential Network please follow the connection checklist.
Residential Network Connection Checklist
- Run the Windows or Mac security updates for your computer.
- Uninstall any peer to peer file sharing software such as Limewire, Gnutella, eDonkey, BitTorrent, etc. to avoid copyright violations.
What to Bring
- Cat. 5 Ethernet (Patch) cable to connect your computer to the network port in your room.
- Your computer’s Reinstallation/Restoration CD/DVDs.
- Do not bring routers or switches.