Initiate Your Account
All new students at the University of Minnesota, Morris need to initiate their Internet ID account. Only students can initiate their account. Family members can be given access through the Parent/Guest View Access.
You will need three pieces of information
- Your Social Security Number
- Your student ID – this can be found in the letter with your quick start guide. If you don’t have this contact the Office of Admissions at 1-888-866-3382.
- Your Birthdate
Initiating your Internet ID will enable you to use your Morris email and a variety of student self services such as accepting your financial aid award, registering for classes, looking at your grades, your bill, your progress toward graduation (APAS), and more. Your University e-mail account is your official communication channel between you and the University, check it often.
You will set a personalized password that will be used for all these services. Your password must be at least eight characters in length and must include three of the four types of characters: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols (such as !, #, ?).
Your Internet ID account only needs to be initiated once, so if you have taken classes at the Duluth, Crookston, Rochester, or Twin Cities campus of the University you will use the same Internet ID and password at Morris.
Note: Remember your internet ID and password. You will need it often.
Begin your account initiation and follow the instructions given. Be sure you see the "Account Initiation Succeeded" message before you close the browser window. Remember your Internet ID and password! They will be used to access many things at Morris, including your e-mail.
Transfer Students from another University of Minnesota college
- If you are a transfer students from within the University of Minnesota system you will not need to initiate your account. The account you used at the previous University of Minnesota college will work at Morris.
- Forgot Your Password?
Faculty & Staff Steps
- Hired by the University
- Fill out payroll documents with Human Resources
- Payroll documents processed by Human Resources and Univeristy of Minnesota Office of Information Technology.
- New employee visits a Technology support office to receive temporary password.
- New employee uses temporary password to create “permanent” password.